Primum non nocere

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Come let us warm ourselves by the nuclear fire

It's been a few days since my last rant, which was on censorship.  I tend to have a very definitive point and then screw it all up by going off on a thousand tangents.  You'll find that's my M.O.

I wish I could find more funny stuff to write about.  As it is, it seems like what I want to do is yell at all the stupid people hey pull you heads out of you ass and take a look around.  As an Alaskan, I've lived here for 12 years now I feel safe in calling myself that, I find it amusing that Sarah Palin seems to stick her nose into everything now days.  The shit that comes out of that woman's mouth gets to be embarrassing after a while. And for some reason people want to hear what she has to say.  You know if you ignore someone long enough they usually go away.  Sigh.

I'll be honest I use to consider myself more of a Republican than Democrat.  I really don't like either side of the fence.  I like what the Republican Party use to stand for in the days of Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt.  Now it just seems like the GOP is a sounding board for zealot Christians and big business.  And I don't find much to like over on the Democrats side either.  Sigh.

I wish I drank more but it's no fun.  I'm almost married, so the point of going out to the bars is lost on me now.  It use to be a reason to go meet women but now that I don't need to meet women it's cheaper and easier to just go by a 12 packs and sit around with friends.    I guess I'm bored.  I have lots to do just bored with it all.  I'll leave you with my favorite quote from a man who undoubtedly is one of the great patriots of America and quite a ladies man.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                       Ben Franklin.

I think I just found the 7th Tenet.

No comments:

Post a Comment