Primum non nocere

Monday, April 1, 2013


I finally finished my last over due wedding present.
I've actually had the painting done for well over a month but finally got around to putting it in a custom frame I made.  I had originally planned to use a frame I had picked up years ago at the local YWCA art auction and was one of the reasons I had made such a large watercolor to fit into it, but after trying to make it fit it didn't work out so well.
Here we have a mostly done photo of the painting.  I had thought I'd taken a few more interim photos but I guess not.

Anyways I had decided to do my own frame from some I had seen at a friends house.

I think I'd use real glass next time instead of plexi, but I was afraid that a piece this big might break as I was trying to get it home.  The actual art is about 17x24 so the plexi is about an inch larger than the art and the wood is close to 2 1/2 inches larger than the plexi.