Primum non nocere - suum cuique

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Samurai Mushroom Comics Chapter 7 - The meeting of 3

Chapter 7 - The Meeting of Three






click me to enjoy me at a larger size, I am not fat!!!
Ah the meeting of 3.  Another one of them damn wordy strips.  Two in a row no less.  But here we introduce two new characters that will play some part in future strips, Keto Honda and Ishii Moto.  Where I got these names I can't remember.  Tushori is named after Tushiro Mufine a great Japanese actor that was in a bunch of Akira Kurosawa movies including the Seven Samurai.  I think Keto and Ishii came from various movies or stories I had watched and read, or I could just made them up.  I honestly can't remember, but I do know they flowed well and sounded cool. So in this strip I wanted to show that Tushori was part of a much larger effort and had support.  I love fat Samurai's too.  You'll undoubtedly notice a smudge up in the middle right panel.  One of many mistakes I made and never corrected.  I like smudges.




No comments:

Post a Comment