Primum non nocere - suum cuique

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Samurai Mushroom Comics Chapter 1

Howdy all,
Where to begin. The Samurai Mushroom, aka Samurai Kinoko, started about 8 years ago.  I had been doodling on some scrap paper and had doodled the samurai mushroom and few other character, tube of toothpaste and the flaming muskrat.  That was the begining of the Legion of Extrodinary Objects, which I've only drawn 1 strip of, and will post it here some time.  Anyway, one of my observer buddies liked the little sketch of the mushroom and said he would commission me to do a strip just featuring the samurai mushroom.  So I said ok and while working as a fisheries observer at a shoreside plant I started to draw the first strip.  I have to say the first strip was a little rough,, judge for yourself it's posted below.  Needless to say as I started writing and drawing the strip I realized I wasn't really drawing a funny strip it started taking on a more serious tone and I ran with it.  Needless to say I never got paid for the strip but over the years I've kept drawing them and just found my stash.  I also just got a copy of Photoshop Elements and a large format scanner so I did a little clean up to the strip.  Here is Chapter 1 enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment